Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Resort 2013 Favorites Part 1

I know I'm a few days, maybe weeks, late on some of these designers but I wanted to share my favorite looks/things from Resort 2013 shows. To be completely honest no one designer really wowed me. Chanel and Marc Jacobs really didn't do anything at all for me. Which is a surprise because I usually love them. But c'est la vie. So here are a "few" of my favorites. More to come soon.

*BCBG Max Azira
Look #8 - Beautiful dress. Normally I try to stay away from big sleeves because they just get in the way but I think it adds a little something extra to the dress.

Look #28 - Who doesn't love the tough/feminine look. This jacket is great. It looks great with a plain dress or even a plain white t-shirt and jeans. As long as whatever else your wearing isn't competing with the jacket.

*Belstaff

Look #3 - I adore a good trench! This whole look is so pulled together and just looks so clean and crisp. The bag and shoes are a fantastic compliment to the coat.

Look #22 - I love the pants! The outfit is great. I'm not stoked about the coat but I wouldn't absolutely hate it if it showed up in my closet one day.

*Burberry Prorsum

Look #5 - Great look especially the pants. I like that it's sort of menswear yet has a few femine touches to it. I also think a silk button up with a cropped sweater vest in the same color combination would look great if you didn't want a jacket.

Look #16 - Another trench similar to Belstaff's but just like friends, you can never have too many neutral trenches. Plus who doesn't want an iconic Burberry trench in their arsenal???

Look #31 - I know. I know. Enough Trenches! But look how pretty this one is. How can you say no to that fabric? Shame on you!

*Emilio Pucci

Look #25 - Beautiful dress. I like how it's all done in a white with a slight grayish tint (unless that's the lighting). Beautiful beading as well.

*Erin Fetherston

I wasn't a ginormous fan of the clothes but the head wear I absolutely adored! Cute little crowns and pointed animal ear hats. Adorable! Not saying I would wear them on a regular day but maybe a birthday crown or ears for Halloween.

*Gucci

Look #36 - First off I'm a HUGE lover of this color and if anyone can give me a name for it please do! Second.... great suit! I love this fun tailored look. I feel like I wouldn't wear it all together though. Maybe the pants with a button up or the jacket with black ankle pants and heels. All together though takes some guts and I don't know if I've got what it takes.

*Lela Rose

This majority collection was probably my favorite. It definitely gets better after the first few looks. Great colors, great silhouette just plain beautiful. Not to mention their choice in model was spot on.

Look #8 - I love a red dress! Add a poufy skirt and you have my undivided attention and money.

*Naeem Khan

Look #6 - I'm not crazy about this silhouette but the color and details on the hem are just beautiful.

*Oscar de la Renta

Look #45 - I love love love this dress! The collar is beautiful the fabric is amazing. I can't say enough good things about this dress.

Look #51 - If only I had red carpet events to go to! This dress so sooo fantastic. I love the emerald green and the build is to die for.

*Rachel Zoe

Looks #8 - Both classic and flattering outfits that I would be so happy to build in my closet.

Look #24 - In the words of Rachel Zoe "I Die" for white tux jackets with black lapels! D.I.E! I also go "bananas" for a great exposed platform on a shoe....How about those booties!?

Like I said before...More to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment