Saturday, September 15, 2012

Smelling Memories




About a week ago I ran out of the perfume I've been wearing for a bit now, Vera Wang's Lovestruck... I usually change smells every time they run out just to keep it interesting but there's a few I keep around because I love them and they bring back wonderful memories. Like the other morning I was running around getting my things together and just slapped on the first perfume I could find. In my rush to get to work on time and not park in a garage that cost an arm and a leg I didn't really take the smell in. But for some reason even with being late and my hair looking a hot mess I was in a good mood. When I finally sat down at my desk and took a deep breath and a wave of memories came back. I was wearing Aguolina's Pink Sugar the same perfume I got right before my boyfriend and I started dating. All these memories came rushing back, our first date at Piccolo Forno, our second date when we saw 50/50 and I cried, the first hand hold and our first kiss. I couldn't help but smile and think of how lucky I am that I get to have him. Sorry! Enough of the cheesy stuff! Anyway my point is that it's an amazing way to start your day. A smell can trigger so many memories and it amazes me every time. So today I'm going to share my favorite smells and what or who they remind me of. Also I suggest you check them out if you haven't already. You can never own too much perfume BUT you can have too much on (we've all made that mistake) so spritz lightly ladies!



Escape by Calvin Klein for Women
The perfume my mom wore when I was growing up
Escape by Calvin Klein
amazon.com
Reminds me of my Grandma Pat. I absolutely love Chanel #5
macys.com



Reminds me of going to the Drive In with my family when I was a wee one
Wild Honeysuckle
bathandbodyworks.com


Reminds me of a perfume my older sister had when she was in high school and I use to sneak sprays of
White Citrus
bathandbodyworks.com


This is the perfume I was wearing when my boyfriend and I first started dating
Aquolina's Pink Sugar
$45.00
sephora.com



The perfume I just ran out of. It's fantastic and reminds me of starting my new job and this past summer
Vera Wang's Lovestruck
$68.00






These ones I don't have but have smelled and are on my Nose's Wish list!
Jennifer Aniston
$55.00
sephora.com






Coach's Poppy
$65.00
sephora.com



Taylor Swift's WonderStruck
$49.50
sephora.com



Ralph Lauren's Romance
$62.00
sephora.com







xoxo,
Kaitlyn

No comments:

Post a Comment